Top Five Solar Power Advantages
We’ve pretty well established that Going Green News is all for environmentally safe, sustainable and renewable resources. In other writings, we’ve defined that as (primarily) solar, wind and water generated. Hydrogen technologies are not yet commercially viable, so we don’t include them at this time. In this article we’ll be looking at the advantages that Solar power offers over other Green technologies.
- Low/no maintenance. Once a solar farm is set up, the panels go on collecting energy for a long time with minimal care.
- Low space requirements means that they can be mounted most anywhere, including rooftops (which are often wasted space.)
- Solar isn’t just photo-electric. It can also be used to heat homes, heat water for cleaning and bathing, etc.
- Small solar chargers can deliver portable energy to gadgets and light-duty devices, freeing us from plug-ins.
- As we become more energy conscientious, more devices will be engineered to operate on minimal energy (and solar cells will become more effective at harnessing the sun,) making solar devices as common as the solar calculators we’ve been using for decades.
These five points go far to demonstrate how solar power is feasible and useful now. People have been using solar energy as their primary source for a long time, and the advancements in solar technology just keep on coming. When we consider the nearly incalculable power of the sun’s rays, it’s clear that solar technologies must be a major part of our Green energy solutions.